Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Madness

I think we are finally at a point where our entire lives don't 100% revolve around J's therapy decisions. Maybe only 85%, but that's progress! We've had some beautiful weather this month (like 80 degrees...in March!), so we've been playing outside a lot. Last week CB brought home a baby tree from school for Arbor Day, so she and Chris planted it in the backyard where Peep, her favorite tree who was knocked over last April during a big storm, used to be. I tried to water it with the hose a few days later, and the kids decided it would be fun to run through the sprinkler fully clothed. Not exactly the activity I had planned for the afternoon, but they had fun:

IMG_4990 web

Then late last week I got a new camera (hurray!!), which I'm super excited about. It was a business expense, and I already love how much better quality the pictures are. Over the weekend I began trying to figure out how it works (it's about 50,000 times more complicated than my Rebel...). The kids were dressed in their matching St. Patrick's Day shirts, which made me think it would be the perfect opportunity to practice using the new camera. Um, I was very wrong. Never try to use a new, complicated camera in an attempt to get a pictures of your TWO kids together. Bad idea. I couldn't maneuver the settings fast enough, and those little stinkers would NOT be still! This was the best I could get:

st pats day web

Last weekend Chris started building a sandbox underneath the kids' play set. We had been thinking about doing it for a while, and we decided that with the new baby due at the end of May, we would be spending a lot of time at home this summer, so the kids needed some backyard activities. Here they are enjoying their new fun play place:

Diptych 3

J still loves the swings the best, but CB is all about the sand...

Diptych 1

IMG_0119 web

And one final picture. I've been playing around a lot with the new camera, and I love love love it! Here's little J getting out of bed this morning. Super sweet camera, super sweet boy!

IMG_0243 web

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures Tiana! So thankful to hear of J's improvements!

    ReplyDelete