Fortunately, I have some very wise and wonderful friends who understand this struggle and have armed me with beautiful words of truth. I've read through these words so many times over the past few weeks and months, and they just seem so appropriate tonight...right before we drop off our little boy in a brand new place full of brand new people, and surrender him to their professional expertise and care.
So as I head off to bed, these are the thoughts I'm choosing to allow in to my heart. These are the words I'm choosing to hear. This is the truth I'm choosing to believe...
From my friend Shannon and the Celtic Daily Prayer Book -
All that I love
into Your keeping.
All that I care for
into Your care.
Be with us by day,
be with us by night;
and as dark closes
the eyelids with sleep,
may I waken
to the peace of a new day.
From my friend Holly and the devotional book Jesus Calling (which I really need to read!) -
"I AM ABOVE ALL THINGS: your problems, your pain, and the swirling events in this ever-changing world. When you behold My Face you rise above circumstances and rest with Me in heavenly realms. This is the way of Peace, living in the Light of My Presence. I guarantee that you will always have problems in this life, but they must not become your focus. When you feel yourself sinking in the sea of circumstances, say "Help me, Jesus!" and I will draw you back to Me. If you have to say that thousands of times daily, don't be discouraged. I know your weakness, and I meet you in that very place."
Scripture references: Eph 2:6, Matt 14:28-32
And a song called "Rest" from my friend Holly -
Rest, the Lord is near. Refuse to fear. Enjoy his love.
Trust his mighty power fills every hour of all your days.
There is no need for needless worry. With such a savior you have no cause to ever doubt.
His perfect word. Still reassures in any trial.
Rest, the Lord is there. Lift up your prayer, for he is strong.
Trust he'll bring release and perfect peace will calm your mind.
There is no need for needless worry. With such a savior you have no cause to ever doubt.
His perfect word. Still reassures in any trial.
Call him if you grow frightened. Call him. With loving care
He'll lift the burden and you'll rest.
The Lord is near. Refuse to fear. Enjoy his love.
Trust, his mighty power fills every hour of all your days.
Rest, the Lord is near. Refuse to fear. Enjoy his love.
And finally, from God Himself (Isaiah 43) -
"Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior....
Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you.
Fear not, for I am with you."
But when all those words seem too difficult to speak, and I struggle to put my thoughts in to a coherent prayer, this is all I need...
From my other friend Shannon -
"You know what I long for, Lord. You hear my every sigh..." - Psalm 38:9
Praying for you and Jude this morning. I hope his first day goes well.
ReplyDelete