Tuesday, February 21, 2012

This is Us

family blanket web
(family photos by Anna Roberson)

This is our brand new family blog. We've had a family blog for about 6 years, but we had some security/privacy issues (creepy weird internet stalker), so last year I made that blog private. I didn't like the private blog set-up...too much hassle, too much confusion, it doesn't show up on Google Reader, etc. But there was so much already on that blog that it would have been difficult to go back and re-do everything well enough to make it internet-safe, so I'm starting over. And this time we'll be more careful not to give creepy internet stalker man anything too interesting.

So that's one reason for the new blog. The other reason is to give our friends and family updates on our current situation. In the past few months we've begun to walk down a road that we never wanted to travel, but it is our road nevertheless. There has been so much to process, so much to think about, so many emotions swirling around. Being the verbal processor that I am, I needed a way to process these thoughts and emotions, so I've started to keep a written account of what's happening, both for my benefit and for the benefit of friends and family who want to stay updated. This is easier than sending out dozens of individual emails each week, which is what I've been doing so far. Beware that these first few entries will be very long and full of gobs of information. Like I said, that's partly for my benefit as I process these events and emotions. Feel free to skim as quickly as you like. I promise I won't be offended. But most of all, please pray for us as we continue on this journey. As you'll see through the following entries, our hearts are breaking right now. We are sad, hopeful, confused, worried, anxious, optimistic, lost, overwhelmed, and very much in need of prayer and support. So with that glowing introduction, the story begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment