Friday, August 3, 2012

First Day of School!

Wednesday was Clara Beth's first day of school. Hurray for school! The public schools here adopted the new balanced calendar this year, which has a shorter summer break, with more breaks throughout the year. So it meant that school started August 1st. She was more than ready to go! Here she is dressed in her standard school attire, ready to head out to her first day of first grade!

  IMG_6371 web

IMG_6383 web

We all walked her in that first morning to meet her new teacher, who is super nice (I mean really, don't you have to be nice to teach first grade??). As you can see, Micah could hardly control his excitement.

  IMG_0456 web

IMG_0455 web

Jude wanted to give her a sweet hug before we left. He's really going to miss having her home with him all day. They had so much fun playing together this summer. He absolutely adores his big sister!

  IMG_0454

It may seem strange, but Wednesday was a half day, then there was no school Thursday. Today (Friday) is her first full day. So yesterday, on our last morning together before she starts school full time, I asked her what she wanted to do. She said she wanted to go eat chocolate chip waffles at the Waffle House. Since Jude was in school, Clara Beth, Micah and I had a fun Waffle House date! Mmmmmmm...Waffle House.

  CAM00048

 She's so excited to be back in school. Such a big girl. I know every parent says this, but I can't believe she's in first grade already!

No comments:

Post a Comment